Saturday, February 18, 2012

Daniel's Arrow of Light

It's no secret we are a big Scouting family, it's a big part of who we are. Our baby has made the last step in Cub Scouts and it is quite bittersweet. Daniel earned his Webelos Badge and his Arrow of Light this past week. I am so proud of him and yet so sad. He will still be a Cub Scout for 5 more months and working on extras but he has completed all the requirements to advance. The Arrow of Light is the highest award you can earn as a Cub Scout and it's a permanent award, meaning he can wear it even as an adult. All three of our boys have earned their Arrow of Light now and that makes me so proud. A lot of kids earn their Webelos Badge but not their Arrow of Light.

We have a really great Webelos Leader who worked really hard with Daniel and his own son (and quite a few other boys as well). Daniel and the leader's son have pretty much been on track with each other and so we held their Arrow of Light ceremony together. I love how the Den Leader takes the time to make each ceremony special and then he made the plaques for the boys.

Congratulations Daniel, keep up the good work!

Just a few pics!

This picture cracks me up, I have no idea what he is doing, maybe being tortured as I explain what awards he is going to be receiving, lol.
I know I look like a total dork in this picture but I LOVE it because I'm laughing with my beautiful boy.
Daniel pinning the Webelos Mother Pin on me.
Our boys love doing cheers and we are trying to get the rest of our pack on board. This is Kevin's favorite cheer...the Elvis Cheer!
Here is Daniel pinning his Dad with the Arrow of Light. We both work with Daniel on Scouting so we both deserve a pin!
Part of the Arrow of Light Ceremony

No comments: