Friday, July 11, 2008

Great Pics You Sent Baby

I've been reminiscing about our last deployment and going through emails between Kevin and I. I found this one that cracked me up. Let me set it up. Kevin had been gone about 2 1/2 months and I had not yet received any real pics of him. Occasionally I'd get a pic but it usually of someone else. I was getting frustrated and he assured me that I was getting a box with two disposable cameras and on those cameras were TONS of pics of him...well in the slide below you will see what I got and then following that is the email I sent him in response to those pics!






Hi Baby,

You have no idea how excited I was to see your boxes in our mailbox. I had to drive to Waco so couldn't get to Walmart in time to do 1 hr last night so after Cub Scouts and Chess, I went to the Walmart in Killeen (you know I had to be excited to go to that madhouse place I hate so much). Oh I was so excited, the hour couldn't pass fast enough. I nearly snatched the pictures out the ladies hands and immediately started looking through pics...I was so excited for Lanita, Tabitha and Lynn since there were pictures of their hubbies. Man, how many pics of Merritt does this make? Well Iraqi porta potties don't look much different then ours and that dumpster was pretty cool in the middle of the sand. Have to say desert combat boots look the same in TX as they do in Iraq. Your gear looks great on the hook, bet it looks better on you! I did like the 4 pictures of you, once I figured out it was indeed you after zooming in on your nametape. Well baby, thanks again for the great pics...thought I'd return the favor.
Love,
Nay











8 comments:

Unknown said...

ROFL... you know I LOVE it... LOL

Amy said...

Oh my gosh Nadine you are so incredibly awesome! I have to say I love reading your blog. That is sooo funny!

Dana said...

You are hillarious! Did you mail new cameras to him with instructions?

Anonymous said...

That is SO typical! I think everyone of us have gotten GREAT pics of dumpsters and sand pits! HAHA

Celeste J. said...

LOL... I remember when that happened. How funny. I totally forgot about the ear pic :)

Michelle said...

I remember that too! I remember you posting the pictures that you sent him on a message board. LOL!!! Good thing he's doing better this time about sending you pictures of him!

USMCWIFE said...

ROFLMAO......

Dana said...

Oh you crack me up. I remember this the first time and it's still as funny now as it was then!