The Milspouse Quiz
1. How did you and your spouse meet? We met in the Army while stationed at Fort Campbell...we were in the same unit and no we didn't like each other when we first met! You can read our story here.
2. How old were you when you two met? I was 18, he was 24.
3. How long have you been together? We will be married 16 years in March, we dated almost a year before that so we have been together almost 17 years.
4. Where are you and your spouse originally from? I call Idaho home because that is where I moved when I was a freshman in high school and where my parents still live. I moved around some as a kid though. Kevin was born and raised in Grand Forks, North Dakota
5. How did you feel about him joining the military? He was already in when we met and I have always supported him reenlisting. He has now served for over 20 years and still going.
6. Where did your spouse go to Basic Training? Fort Jackson, South Carolina (I went there too, 5 years later!)
7. Has your spouse ever been deployed? Yes, to Iraq a couple times
8. Ever been to his promotion ceremony? Yes, one...his last promotion was while he was in Iraq, I kind of got to see it on a video teleconference and through pictures.
9. How long have you been a military wife? Almost 16 years.
10. Did you marry him before or after he joined? After, we met because we both joined!
11. How did your husband propose? Well...he didn't. I proposed to him. If you read the Story of Us that I linked to in question #1, you read how that all went down.
12. Where did you get married? In the home of a local retired county commissioner
13. How old were you two when you got married? I was 19, he was 24
14. Did he wear his uniform on his wedding day? Nope...we were super casual...still have zero regrets about that
15. Where are you and your spouse currently stationed? Fort Leonard Wood, MO
16. Do you live on post? Yes
17. How long were you married when you had to go through your first separation? two and a half weeks...he was sent out to a long field exercise 3 days after I had our son who was born 19 days after we got married
18. What is your favorite post so far? Taegu, South Korea...LOVED it there...would love to go back someday. Our middle son was born there.
19. Do you think your spouse looks good in his uniform? He's sexy to begin with, the uniform is just an added bonus!
20. Do you think military life is more advanced than civilian life? I have noticed most Spouses don't know what this questions means or how to answer it. I wouldn't say more advanced...not even sure what that is supposed to mean. I think Military life and civilian life are DIFFERENT. They each come with their own unique challenges.
21. Do you like the benefits you receive as a military dependent? I'm grateful for them. We're coming to the end of our Military career and we will be losing some of those benefits that we currently do not pay for in a monetary manner. Nothing is "free"...much sacrifice is made for the benefits that we receive.
22. Do you have a lot of military wife friends? Yes...doing this for 16 years, you pick up friends along the journey
23. What is the hardest part of the military life? I think the separations...it's hard going in and out of routines, especially with the kids. And when the separations are a result of deployment, the added worry can be overwhelming.
24. Do you own military wife stuff? Not really, I have patriotic stuff but not a lot that specifically says Army wife
25. Do you support your spouse as a member of the military? Of course, it would make for a terrible marriage if I didn't support what consumes most of his life.