Friday, January 13, 2012

Basic Training Flashback

Back in November I facilitated a Drill Sergeant Spouse seminar and posted about it in this entry. This past week I received a CD with pictures on it from our "official" garrison command photographer. The pictures were AMAZING! There were over 266 pictures. The seminar was a two day event, one day being classroom instruction and the second day being a hands on "day in the life" kind of event. As I mentioned in my previous entry, I was really shocked at how emotional I was throughout the day remembering back to when I went to basic training. Looking at these pictures I had to laugh at myself and the reactions that the photographers captures. They aren't the best of pictures of me (reality check, remember!) but I am going to share them anyway.

Warning! There are quite a few more pictures than I would normally post!

Day 1 was the classroom environment, here I am teaching something.
The lovely cattle car that we traveled to each station in on day 2.
Me & Joy, one of our new instructors who helped me out with the seminar. (I knew I was going to be doing lots of physical stuff on a windy day so I did not dress up or worry about hair...obviously!)
At the range...getting ready to shoot the M-60...


I still had it...shot really well!
Here I am talking to two other Veterans, it was fun reminiscing with others who had been there.
Cari and I getting ready to "report" to a drill sergeant...
Here we are at the Dining Facility. The Drill Sergeant was explaining that now there has to be an arm length between the Soldiers. When I went through, it was heel to toe (and I hated it!).

The reactions here are classic..this was us watching the trainees come in and the Drill Sergeant's all over them

If you read my previous entry, you know that those who were Veterans got rather choked up. This picture captured it perfectly.
Back in the cattle car...still processing our DFAC experience

Getting a tour of the barracks, this room was exactly like my room in AIT.
I wasn't going to post this picture because it's a really bad picture of me and that face! I was actually upset that they had trainees on display for us...there was a trainee next to the wall lockers I am looking at. I guess it's true that sometimes I wear my emotions on my sleeve.
At the simulation range (I still hate shooting in the prone position)

Getting instructions on our team building activity. We had to get our whole team across three poles with two wood planks, a rope and an ammo box.
I still can't believe I did it...I am much heavier than I was at basic and was super self-conscious about it, but these women were fabulous and so encouraging!
Group shot...I feel so lucky to have been able to spend a day with these Soldiers and Spouses!
Wrapping it all up

No comments: