Thursday, June 23, 2011

CBRN Sunrise Service

Yesterday morning Kevin and I attended a Sunrise Service in honor of our Fallen CBRN Heroes. (It is still Chemical Regimental Week.) Here at FLW we have a Memorial Grove that honors the fallen of the Engineers, Chemical & Military Police Corps. Each has their own section and yesterday we went to the Chemical area and paid tribute to the Fallen CBRN Soldiers. It was very touching. There were many in attendance, I really thought it was nice that they brought CBRN Soldiers who are still in training. I enjoyed being there with my husband, it definitely is a reminder that I have much to be grateful for.

I scanned the program and I ask my readers to please enlarge the images by clicking on them and reading the names of the fallen. Remember, it is up to us to Never Forget those who have sacrificed so much. We had a few of the Gold Star Families in attendance and that always touches my heart. The Burgess family was there and the younger brother who is currently here for training was there. To sacrifice so much and yet still be willing to give. It was a humbling sight.

It was a beautiful ceremony.


No comments: