Saturday, April 30, 2011

Month of the Military Child 2011 Interviews


Today is the last day of April and we will conclude it on our blog (though we will continue to always celebrate our Military kids every single day) by posting the interviews I did with my own three Army brats. You may have to turn up the volume to hear Daniel because he was rather soft-spoken. I could have redone it and had him speak louder but I wanted to capture their first response and didn't want to coach them into answering any of the questions so what you see is pure honesty and instinct on their parts.

At one point Daniel mentions sending Flat Stanley to his dad to see what Iraq is like. It has been a wonderful project and helped not only our kids but other kids to see that "war" isn't so scary. We have encouraged many Military members to do their own Flat/G.I. Stanley projects to keep connected during separation. You can see what we did with our G.I. Stanley project here.

I didn't expect to have two videos that together would be over 15 minutes long but that's what happened. I hope that you'll leave some feedback for the boys and their answers. They were quite excited about doing this and kept reminding me that we needed to get it done.

So here you go, your questions answered by Military children!





No comments: