Saturday, April 30, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill In #39

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In

A long marriage is two people trying to dance a duet and two solos at the same time.
~Anne Taylor Fleming


Be sure to stop by Wife of a Sailor who is the genius behind this weekly adventure, visit her blog and join in the fun!
  1. Have you and your spouse agreed to live in separate locations (a geographical bachelor tour) knowing that the short-term inconvenience would have long-term benefits for your family? How did it work for you? submitted by When Good People Get Together
After being apart so much (we just lived for the first time in 14 years together consecutively for an entire year!) we have decided that no matter what we will always be together, no matter what if we have the choice.
  1. What is your favorite thing about being a MilSpouse? submitted by Sarah Ruth Today
The amazing emotions you feel, the pride that cannot be defined in words.
  1. If you could still have your spouse/significant other and your family, but take the military life out of it…would you? submitted by Trust. Love. Believe. Bake.
Nope, I truly believe that experience makes us who we are. My husband and I would not have met without the Military...
  1. What have your homecoming experiences been like after a year long tour of separation? submitted by Army Soldier, Army Wife
They are wonderful naturally but they are also hard. During our 2005-2006 deployment, we lost good friends. That homecoming was extremely bittersweet. I had a hard time being excited when my best friend would not be able to experience the same homecoming.
  1. If you have a child(ren) why you chose their name(s)? If not, why you would name your child something? submitted by Tiara’s & ACU’s
Our oldest son is named after my husband's brother who passed away when my hubby was 13. He also happened to be born on his birthday. His middle name is after my youngest brother. Our middle son is named after Kevin's middle name and his middle name is after my dad and brother. Our youngest son's name is named after the Elton John song Daniel. For real...we had no other family names we wanted to use and so it was hard coming up with a name. When I was pregnant with him, I must have heard that song a million times so Daniel sounded like a good name to me! His middle name sounded good with it.


1 comment:

Jlynne Partridge said...

I love the quote you put at the beginning. I always love reading your blog and the awesome things you put on here! :D