Friday, April 22, 2011

I Know My Savior Lives

With Easter coming, it's a time of reflection for me. I don't often talk politics or religion on our blog because I hope that our family can be an example of love, charity and service without displaying a banner of what we believe. I'm not sure that makes sense but I want people to see who we are and what we stand for through our actions.

I want to keep this post simple. I am grateful for a Savior who endured so much in the name of love. I am grateful for a Savior who loves each of us by name regardless of our belief system. I am grateful to live in a nation that allows religious freedom. I know everyone doesn't believe exactly as I do and I am grateful for diversity. I am grateful for forgiveness as I falter often and require the blessing of repentance.

Being a Christian doesn't mean I'm perfect or all knowing, it simply means that I require a Savior who has already paid the debt and ask that I only try my best.

The following are two videos of some of my favorite songs the help to remind me of the love my Savior had for me and my family. I can hardly listen to either of them without being overwhelmed with emotion.







No comments: