Friday, August 20, 2010

MilSpouse Friday Fill, #9

How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.
~From the movie
Annie


MilSpouse Friday Fill-In
Be sure to stop by Wife of a Sailor who has started this on her blog and join in the fun! Last week one of the questions was what would you ask as a question and so the questions are what other Spouses came up with! Made me think that's for sure!

If you could be a fugitive from the law for whatever reason, what would your crime be? (from It’s a Hooah Life) Probably stalking my children and kidnapping them when they grow up. I have such a hard time watching my kids grow up and finding their sense of independence...it's sooooo hard!

How long do you think you will be a military family? (from Julie the Army Wife) Kevin and I have been married 14 years, all of that in the Military. He could retire this coming April (he will hit 20 years active duty and 22 years total Military). Our plan right now is to go until he hits 24 years so that would give us, as a family, 19 years total active Military life. But anyone who knows us knows that we will be Military for life..it's in our blood!

What’s your favorite recipe? (from Keep Calm and Soldier On) Oh wow...I love to cook so this is hard...okay..maybe not...I will share a family favorite recipe and it isn't food! It's making flubber, we make it all the time, it's easy and we always have what we need on hand.

Recipe for Flubber

Mixture 1 - 3/4 cup warm water
1 cup elmers glue (white)
Food coloring
Mixture 2 - 2 tsp Borax (found in the laundry detergent aisle)
1/2 cup warm water

Stir mixture 1 together in one bowl, mixture 2 together in another bowl. Make sure both are mixed well. Pour mixture 1 into mixture 2. No need to stir, just reach in and pull out a glob of flubber. Work it for a couple minutes and then play!!


What would you want your last five words to be when you leave this life? (from My Goal is Simple) Families Can Be Together Forever


Where do you hope to retire? (from Pennies from Heaven) I always thought we would retire in Idaho near my family. A few years ago we started to really think and now we don't know. Maybe North Carolina...but really who knows? We'll see where we head to next...we have yet to be anywhere we would want to call home forever! But we do know we want it to be near a Military Installation, Kevin would like to continue working with Soldiers and so would I.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Flubber sounds fun!

Chelle said...

Always wondered about Flubber. Going to have to try it with my daycare kids. Thanks!

Paula said...

We are thinking North Carolina too. My husband is from Wisconsin (no way am I living there) and I am from Texas (no way will he take that heat) So... somewhere with four seasons, near a beach AND the mountains, and doesn't tax your retirement. Bingo: North Carolina!
I love the east coast. I grew up in Tennessee so my heart is in the east even though I so heart Texas.

silver star said...

Your such a great mom, it's obvious you really love your kids. I fear my mom will be the same way, I'm the last to leave, and the longest to stay. I hope your kids know how lucky they are to have a mom like you!