Friday, August 20, 2010

Freedom Friday, August 20, 2010

The estimated population of the United States on 1 AUG 2010 was 307,874,000. Throw in another 20,000,000 illegal aliens (no one really knows with certainty how many illegal aliens are in the United States), and you have a population base of roughly 327,874,000 that is being defended by 1,400,000. That equates to only four tenths of a percent (0.4%) of the population is defending the other 99.6%! If you include the 1.3 million in the Guard and Reserve who are now used as if they were active duty forces, there are a total of roughly 2.7 million people defending the 327,874,000, or roughly eight tenths of a percent (0.8%) defending the other 99.2%.

3 comments:

liberal army wife said...

as one of the One Percenters... some days it just irks me, that so few of us are going through all this - and the other 99% are oblivious! gr.

LAW

USMCWIFE said...

No one cares enough, they want to sit on the sidelines all self righteous and talk about, "I would enlist but these wars are unjust" that is such total BS. Our country is under attack and if things continue they way they are now being a Christian in this counrty will be a violation (BTW, I am not a religious person) but it's true. Anyone that doubts that needs to watch the third jihad and see how Europe is lost to the radicals. People need to get off their high horses and stop talking about how everything should be equal and everyone is entitled..that too is a bunch of BS. Ok, sorry I went on a vent but the military men and woman in this country "get it"..they know what they are defending even when people are calling them dumb and ignorant and uneducated, we both know that some of the smartest people in the world get up and put on that uniform and walk the post. Those that say they support the troops not the war, the military doesn't want your support..trust me they don't.

John, Heather, Emma, Lily & Jana said...

Um.....what???