Friday, July 02, 2010

MilSpouse Friday Fill In #2

This week’s questions are:

Tell us about your dream job… one that you could do regardless of pay. ~ Honestly my dream job was always to be a Soldier. I decided that when I was about 7 years old. Joining the National Guard right when I turned 17 made that dream come true. I went on to serve on Active Duty and the Army Reserves. I still count it as my dream job because I won't do that now that I have my kids. I did it long enough while my kids were young and I would no longer make the sacrifice. My kids need me more than Uncle Sam does. If I could be a great Soldier and a great mom without sacrificing either I'd still wear the uniform but that is a very hard balance.

What is your most prized material possession (kids and pets don’t count!)? This is a hard question because I'm really not materialistic. I've sat here for quite a while going through different things that matter but I'm not sure anything really matters to me in the big scheme of things. Through my husbands deployments and the loss of friends during those deployments I have come to realize that things don't matter people do. So I have to say there is not one thing in my life that is really prized in the material aspect.

What has been your favorite duty station and why? Korea, I loved exploring the markets and experiencing the culture. It's so sad that so many people think such negative thoughts about a very beautiful country. We loved exploring and interacting with the locals. We had the greatest older Korean woman who took care of our boys. Touring the DMZ and understand why we are there is a humbling experience as well.

What is your least favorite household chore? Laundry...I dislike doing laundry...actually putting it in the washer and dryer isn't the part I dislike, it's the putting away!

If you could give one piece of advice to a teenager today (not specifically a MilTeen), what would it be? Well I have a teenager and a pre-teen who live with me (my oldest two sons). I am constantly telling them to be true to themselves. Being themselves has made them successful so far and people will always respect and care for the real person in side if you stay true to who you are. My boys have great personalities and so I want them to always be real and honest not only with others but with themselves.

No comments: