Thursday, June 04, 2009

I Love Homecomings

I think I've been to six homecomings now this go round....people keep asking me how I can keep going knowing that my husband still has a couple weeks before it's "our" homecoming. I love homecomings, I love supporting my friends and overall I love supporting our Soldiers. Yes, sometimes it's hard walking back to my truck without my Soldier but he is coming home and our time will come. I enjoy meeting the different families. I love watching the emotions from everyone. No one cries alone at homecomings as long as I'm there, lol.

Even though the routine is the same, I snap pictures and I love it. I love the anticipation of what is going to happen next. I have the whole process down pat and love watching the families get excited. I always say that I won't go back for another one until it is my time, yet I still go back. Why? Why not? Every Soldier deserves to be welcomed home properly. I have a lot of friends coming home and I love watching them reunite with their families. I just love it...take a look at the pics below...a small glimpse of homecoming and tell me...wouldn't you want to be a part of the emotion? It just doesn't get much better!!!













5 comments:

orlane said...

i love your pictures and your right why wouldnt you want to go to each one. Id be bawling along for them. i loved the print in the last post you did. that had me in tears its beautiful.
Id just like to say a big thankyou to your husband for all he does and also a thankyou to you for what you do in keeping the morale up while he is gone. a truely wonderful family

Unknown said...

Nadine, great to see you yesterday and can't tell you how much you mean to our clan. Our Soldier requested a hot shower and Whataburger, in that order!

Michelle said...

I think it's great that you go to support all the Soldiers homecomings that you can. You got some great pics!

Anonymous said...

Were these pics taken at the 6/3/09 homecoming?

TheAlbrechtSquad said...

Some of them were...