Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I'm Thankful For....#6

I am thankful for friends. I don't use that term loosely so I'm going to add onto that my gratitude for my pals, buddies and acquaintances. They all bring something into my life. I have very few people in my life who I would call a close friend but those that fit into that realm will probably stay there forever. They are the ones who know pretty much everything about my life and then some. They are the ones I have to keep my friends forever because frankly, they know way too much!

I am blessed with opportunities to go out and meet new people all the time. I've made an effort to get to know more people, to invest in them, to learn more about them. My goal in this is for more people to see the person I am that a lot of people never bother to get to know. I also just like to get to know people. Despite all the things I'm involved in, I am not a social person. I don't need a ton of people around me to keep me happy and because of that I don't often make the effort to get to know people. I feel thankful that the Lord knows who I need in my life.

I've been blessed with nice cards in the mail, random stops with treats at our home. Sometimes I just get a message from someone letting me know that they are thinking of me. Regardless of where they fall in my life, I am thankful for the people the Lord places in my life for whatever reason.

No comments: