Monday, November 24, 2008

I'm Thankful For...#5

I am thankful for the United Postal Service. (I'm not grateful for the constant rising postage rates). Today we received a package from Kevin. It's crazy how excited one can get over a box. I love how excited my kids get over the smallest trinkets, a baseball, a pencil all because it was sent with love. I am thankful for the handwritten letter. I had the opportunity to hear Jason F. Wright speak at Time Out For Women a few weeks back and it was nice to be reminded of how much a handwritten note can mean. I know every time the boys and I get letters or postcards from Kevin, we are overjoyed. I love being able to read over and over his words. I know he also gets joy from reading our letters and our words.

I am grateful for those who work in the the post offices here and those serving in the military mail rooms (I've worked in them, trust me it's hard work!!)

During this holiday season I look forward to reconnecting with friends through Christmas cards/letters. It will be fun to see what everyone is up to.

I'm signing off now, I'm off to write a letter to my love.

2 comments:

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

Nadine I have loved your thankful posts. They always brighten my day when they pop up on my google reader. Happy Thanksgiving and know that my prayers continue to be with you and Kevin and your boys. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post. And a beautiful song playing in the background. Thank your husband for his service, and thank you for the continuing sacrifice you make as a soldier's wife. I work with Jason F. Wright and was touched by your comments about letter writing. Jason spends a lot of time touring and talking about the lost art of letter writing. He also has a fun blog and is promoting his latest contest. You can see the details here: All you have to do is mail him a

http://www.jasonfwright.com/triptosvalley.php