Monday, October 20, 2008

I am mean mommy...

Very rarely do I get completely fed up with the boys and their laziness when it comes to their rooms. But tonight reached my limit. I don't expect the boys to make their beds because I don't make my bed. But I do expect their room to be straightened up. We do not live in a museum, ask anyone who has been to my house. I want my kids to have fun but I want us to live in an area that we aren't stressed about because of the mess. Neil and Daniel have been very lazy about keeping their rooms clean. I have given them chance after chance and they have made the choice to not clean their room. They have made the choice to mix their clean laundry with dirty laundry and then stuffing it in places that it does not belong. So tonight I have had enough. I have taken all their toys out of their rooms plus anything they consider "fun". I am about to pack up the playstation and their gameboys. The Wii will go up into my closet and maybe come out when daddy comes home.

The boys shed the tears as we were emptying their drawers that holds their toys and as they were putting stuff in trash bags. I simply told them that is how my heart feels when they choose not to obey my requests. I don't like to go this drastic but perhaps now they will learn.

The last time I really went this drastic was when we were stationed at Fort Riley and I was 8 months pregnant with Daniel, I scared the neighborhood kids when I lugged two huge little tyke toy boxes out of the house, preggo belly and all and tossed the lot into the shed. (Ironically Kev was gone then too!). I may have scarred those poor kids for life after that scene.

Michael is on his way to the same fate if he doesn't straighten up soon as well...

I am mean mommy....

1 comment:

Dana said...

You are a cool mommy. You rock.