Saturday, May 10, 2014

It's Hard to Let Go

I cried this morning.  And I cried yesterday morning too.  I probably cry every day.  Not horrible, sad, depressing tears (though my first three sentences probably make me sound quite pathetic).  In less than two weeks Michael graduates from high school and in just over a month he heads off on his mission. 

I really am happy and excited for him as he heads into this next chapter in his life but I am also somewhat sad to see this chapter in our lives close.  I know that as he leaves, the dynamics of our lives changes forever.  I am proud of who he is and the path he has chosen for his life but I am sad that I won't get to talk to him everyday and I won't get to see him everyday.

I will miss him and his brothers laughing and fighting.  Some days I think I'm ready and then later as I catch myself gazing at him and smiling at memories and then the tears come.

This whole cycle of life kind of sucks sometimes.  I'm not ready to let go...but I will.

2 comments:

Mrs. B said...

I haven't cried yet about mine graduating but I'm sure I will when we take him back to the US and leave him to fly back to Germany…so not ready for that! I'm super excited for him, but sad for me, LOL!

http://www.worldtravelingmilitaryfamily.com

Mrs. B said...

I haven't cried yet about mine graduating but I'm sure I will when we take him back to the US and leave him to fly back to Germany…so not ready for that! I'm super excited for him, but sad for me, LOL!