Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Tree 2012

So it's been a challenge between time and desire to get the tree up this year.  I'm not going to lie, I really don't get excited to put up the tree any year, but this year has been even more difficult.  Growing up we never had a huge tree.  I don't think we ever owned a tree that was bigger than 3 feet tall.  My parents always made do with whatever we had on hand.  Sometimes it was a wall decorated with gift wrap, sometimes a drawn tree and sometimes nothing.  So the tree isn't a big deal for me.  It is a big deal though for Kevin and two of the boys. 

We have a lot of ornaments, but this year the boys decided to just put the military ones on the tree.  We still had plenty with those as we get at least one new one every year.  We've been collecting them since Kevin and I got married so that's at least 16 years worth of ornaments!  I love our tree...the ornaments hold so many memories.  Each year the boys get a new ornament that represents something that liked during that year.  When they grow up and get married, they will have a nice little collection of ornaments to start off with.

It took us a little bit to get the decorating started but we finished and we are all happy!  It was nice looking through the ornaments and doing the tradition of placing the first one.  I love the memories.  I wish Kevin was here to help but I know he knows that we love and miss him.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Your tree is beautiful!! :)