Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Perspective

I have been in quite the mood this past week.  It's been quite annoying...I can barely stand myself.  I feel like I am in a real bah humbug mode.  It's hard to break out of it, even though I'm aware of it.  I know a lot of it has to do with Kevin being gone and just missing him.  I have really awesome friends and I love that they want to include our family but even with that I am struggling.  I'm over feeling bad about him being alone as he reminded me quite eloquently that he is NOT alone and never is.  This was his Facebook status yesterday:

I am very thankful during this holiday season for my family. They have stood by me no matter what. I am thankful for my eternal companion who gives selflessly to our family and others. Grateful for another family who watches over mine while I am away. I am not alone on this holiday, my heart is full of the pure love of Christ who gave selflessly for all. Thank you all for watching over me and my family. I love you all!

I'm a lucky girl and I really  need to work harder to remember that.  He had a wonderful Thanksgiving meal at the mess hall with his KATUSAs.  He really enjoyed spending that time with them AND he got a great meal.  He was still full hours later. 




On Thanksgiving Day he will be getting together with a co-worker and some other Soldiers and have some type of Island feast...whatever that means.  He is making chili to take...I mean, he can only do so much with a crock-pot, microwave, electric skillet and a George Foreman grill, LOL.

It sucks being apart for holidays but we still are so fortunate to be able to chat and Skype if we want to.  I am reminded of my best friend LaNita who is without her love and will never get to spend another holiday with him.  I am also reminded that my dear friends, the Phillips, are burying their daughter this week.  I am heartbroken. 

I need to remember that it's all about perspective and gratitude and I need to have more of both.

I will end this entry with another status from my amazing husband:


"Gratitude is the inward feeling of kindness received. Thankfulness is the natural impulse to express that feeling. Thanksgiving is the following of that impulse."
- Henry Van Dyke

No comments: