Sunday, July 29, 2012

Michael's Music

I love this picture that my 11 year old snapped of Michael playing a Steinway Grand Piano while we were on vacation in Utah. 
One of the things I love most about our home is when Michael plays the piano.  He literally plays hours a day.  It is a sound I rarely get tired of (the only times it's bothersome is when it's after everyone has gone to bed and he decides it would be a good time to play!).  It brings such a beautiful spirit into our home.  He has a nice variety of music that he has collected since he got the piano from a friend over a year ago.  Most of what he plays however, are hymns.  I love it.  I know I've said it before but I am truly amazed at the talent that Michael has.  He has only had eight piano lessons.  I am so grateful for Hannah, who came and worked with him for those eight weeks.  I also admire that Michael practices on his own.  I've been wanting to share a video of him playing for a while but he wanted to have something he felt really confident in playing (translation, he wanted to practice, practice, practice before we video taped him).  I don't think he gives himself enough credit.

Here is Michael playing "Little Bits of Cloth" from the book "Heal Our Land" by Janice Kapp Perry & Senator Orrin Hatch.   
Please ignore my two other rude children who couldn't be quiet for five minutes and had to make noise instead of just being still!  

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Beautiful!

Sandy Risberg said...

Watching and listening to him brings me peace.

Unknown said...

That IS talent! It is amazing that he can play such beautiful music after only 8 lessons. I envy you the music in your house.