Monday, June 13, 2011

Day Camp 2011


So this is the last year any of my children will go to Cub Scout Day Camp as an actual Cub Scout. After 9 years of Day Camps with my kids, I can't believe next year they will all be Boy Scouts! We had a great time at Day Camp. It was only 2 1/2 days, making it the shortest day camp we have ever attended. Daniel went as the Cub Scout, I was a walking Den Leader and Neil was a Den Chief (Kevin & Michael were on a Pioneer Trek, I will write about that next). There were so many fun activities, the boys had a lot of fun. They did woodworking (built a birdhouse), knots & lashing, cooking (yummy tin-foil dinners anyone?), map & compass, and so many more. Of course, the standard favorites for any Day Camp are Archery and BB Shooting because you can only do those at BSA sanctioned events. Daniel had a good time and I had a great time watching him do all these activities and watching him interact with the other boys. I had 4 boys from our actual Pack and it was fun getting to know them better. I love Scouts and I love being with the boys. Neil had a lot of fun helping out too. He helped with crafts one day and games the other. It made my heart smile to see him helping the kids, encouraging them and making them feel successful no matter how they did. It was truly awesome to see.

I am considering going to the training to be a Day Camp director but I'm really not 100% sure since all of my kids are going to be out of the program next year. However, I truly believe in this program and believe that every Cub Scout deserves a great day camp experience. So this may or may not be my last Day Camp entry ever...only time will tell!

I took over 930 pictures at Day Camp! These are just a few!




No comments: