A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself.
Be sure to stop by Wife of a Sailor who is the genius behind this weekly adventure, visit her blog and join in the fun!
- Do you think civilians, in general, understand the meaning of Memorial Day? I think they try but unless they know someone in the Military or who have known someone who has lost their life for Freedom, they don't fully comprehend the true meaning. On that same note, there are many in the Military who don't fully understand either, I'm always amazed at how disconnected some Families or even those who serve can be.
- What are your plans for the Memorial Day Weekend? We are going to visit the Engineer Memorial and do rubbings for some of the people we know. We are helping out at our USO with a Family Game Night. Tomorrow my husband and one of my sons will be going to Joplin to help deliver items our community has collected. Monday we will volunteer at the USO and visit the Veterans Cemetery here. And we will remember what this weekend is really about.
- What skill/talent do you wish you had? I wish I knew how to play the piano...perhaps by the end of the year I will learn that new skill.
- Which came first: the chicken or the egg? Uhm....I don't really care...lol
- What is the best thing about your post (base)? The worst? Our leadership, we have amazing Installation Leadership who truly care about the Soldiers and their Families. FLW doesn't get enough credit for what an amazing community we have here. As far as the worst...the mentality some of the Spouses get here, and the crazy lines drawn between Officers/Enlisted created by them....