Friday, March 25, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill In #35

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In

Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.
~H. Jackson Brown, Jr.


Be sure to stop by Wife of a Sailor who is the genius behind this weekly adventure, visit her blog and join in the fun!

What is your must have gadget? submitted by Flying High With My Flyboy
Definitely my cell phone, it keeps me connected to everyone. Anyone who has been through extended separation and has missed a precious phone call will understand taking the phone with you EVERYWHERE and the stress when you leave it home.

How does your adulthood compare to what you imagined it would be like when you were a little kid? submitted by L to the Third
I never thought I'd get married or have kids. My whole life was planned out and it involved serving in the Army for 20 years and maybe having a family but it wasn't a priority. I got married and had my first child at 19, so not quite like I planned. While I didn't envision this type of service I am still serving the Military community and I have an amazing family. I'm so glad the Lord knows me better than I know myself and what I need.

What is your favorite chocolate recipe? submitted by Our First Deployment
Brownie Pudding Cake...I will post the recipe on my Food Blog.

How do you deal with military life when it gets to be to much or to hard? submitted by Combat Boots And Pointe Shoes
I have a playlist on my iTunes that I will play as I sit or lay in my room and just pause for a while. I try the "gratitude attitude" and think of things that are great in my life or even just okay.

What piece of advice would you give a new Military spouse facing their first deployment? submitted by The Albrecht Squad
Build realistic expectations. Communicate those expectations before the goodbye. An example is the expectation of how often you might get to communicate. Realistically most people don't sit down every single day and talk for an hour or more with their spouse. Why do we suddenly have an expectation that when our spouse is thousands of miles away we should be be able to talk to them daily for an extended amount of time. Also, lay out expectations. I told my husband I wanted handwritten notes and expressed why they were important to me. I made sure in care packages I sent to him that he had what he needed to be able to grant that request. If I had never told him, he never would have known. Communicate and build realistic expectations.

No comments: