It's a season of Thanksgiving and many of my friends on Facebook are telling what they are Thankful for each day until Thanksgiving Day. I have decided to do the same. Instead of making a ton of posts, I am going to edit this post daily and keep a running list of what I am thankful for.
1. I am thankful for my awesome husband who loves me...flaws and all.
2. I am thankful for my boys who bring such joy into my life.
3. I am thankful for this Army life. Even with the challenges we have faced in this unique lifestyle, the blessings outweigh the trials.
4. I am thankful for blessed friendships. I have some of the greatest friends ever.
5. I am thankful for my brother and his family. I have the cutest niece and nephew EVER! I love you guys!
6. I am thankful for four seasons. One of the things I love the most about living in MO is the beauty as each season changes.
7. I am thankful for music in my life.
8. I am thankful for the opportunity to be a stay at home mom. It truly is a blessing.
9. I am thankful for the opportunity I had to serve in the United States Army. I am grateful for the experiences and the long lasting friendships I was blessed to make while serving.
10. I am thankful for the opportunity I have to serve in my Military community. I no longer wear the uniform but I have been blessed to continue to serve our Soldiers and their Families.
11. I am thankful for the many men and women who serve and have served our great nation. I am grateful for their sacrifice and the sacrifice of their families. I do not confuse Veterans Day with Memorial Day but I would be remiss to not mention the many who sacrificed it all, who's blue stars turned to gold. I am humbled...by their sacrifice and pray for their families. God Bless Our Veterans.
12. I am thankful for my oldest son Michael. I got to spend a wonderful day alone with him, had wonderful chats and fun just shopping. I love that he doesn't admit to being bored and jumps on any task that I give him, no matter how big or small. I truly am blessed to call him my son.
13. I am thankful for my son Neil, his smile makes me smile and his laugh makes me laugh. I love his perspective and feel blessed that he shares it with us.
14. I am thankful for my son Daniel, he is such a blessing in my life. His crazy sense of humor and random thoughts keep me smiling.
15. I am thankful for my Army family and those who take the time to get to know and understand me.
16. I am thankful for great days like today...I have a great team that I work with who support me and validate me.
17 & 18. I am thankful for friends who bring by "hope you feel better" goody bags and friends who you can wear down phone batteries with...I am truly blessed.
19. I am thankful for opportunities to go on field trips with my kids...what a blessing it is.
20. I am thankful for music in my life and the joy it brings me. I am currently listening to my son playing an instrument he taught himself to play, tackling songs like Stars and Stripes. He practices daily on his own accord. I am truly inspired.
21. I am thankful for the knowledge I have of my Savior and His sacrifice for me. I am thankful for the gospel in my life and the agency to make the decisions I need to for my family and myself. Ultimately the choice is there for me to make about what path I want to take and for that I am grateful.
22. I am thankful for friends who sit in parking lots and for those who share their dinner...I have great people in my life.
23. I am thankful for the opportunity my children have to participate in extra-curricular sports and academics...Neil did awesome tonight!
24. I am thankful for great examples in my children's lives. We had the opportunity to attend an Eagle Scout Court of Honor tonight and we are thankful for the chance to be a part of an amazing ceremony.
25. I am thankful for family, friends, opportunities and blessings. My husband is home safe again this year and for that I am very grateful. I am grateful for the sacrifice of the men and women who are serving away from their families this holiday season. I am grateful for the blanket of freedom they provide for my family. God Bless Our Troops.