Monday, November 29, 2010

Goodbye Until We Say Hello Again

" The return makes one love the farewell."

One thing I've learned from having gone through so many separations in our marriage is that regardless of how long you have to say goodbye for it still sucks. The hubby is off for a short adventure somewhere in Virginia and it's only for about a week and a half but I still hate it. I used to get frustrated with myself because I couldn't figure out why saying goodbye for a week or two was so hard when we had endured separations of over a year. And the simple answer is that after going through long and challenging separations we have learned to appreciate the time we do have together and every goodbye is hard, no matter how long it will be before you say hello again. So safe travels my love, here's hoping the week flies by and we are saying hello again soon!

1 comment:

Paula said...

It IS hard to send them away, even for a little while. I try to look at the positive side of it. I have the bed to myself, if I don't want to cook, I don't. I can watch whatever I want on TV. It does suck that he's leaving this close to Christmas, but at least he'll be back in time.
Enjoy your time. I hope it passes quickly for you.