Friday, September 10, 2010

MilSpouse Friday Fill In #12

Be pleasant until ten o’clock in the morning and the rest of the day will take care of itself.
~Elbert Hubbard

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In

This week’s questions are:
  1. Do you set goals for yourself during deployment? What are some of them? (from Military Mommy) I do. During one of my husband's deployments, I made a goal to learn how to be more compassionate since I tend to be one of those "suck it up and drive on" type of girls. I certainly learned compassion during that deployment when we had casualties and I found myself in a position of support for many of the wounded and for those who lost their Soldiers. It was hard but so rewarding at the same time. I also made a goal to walk the distance that my Soldier and I were separated (7,348 miles) which I did during the year he was gone. That was awesome for me.
  2. What would you say to someone dating a military guy or gal? (from Mothering Off the Cuff) I would say be sure not to romanticize Military life. Don't rush a relationship because of the big "D" (deployment). I've watched so many relationships fall apart because it was romanticized and rushed. While this lifestyle is hard, it is also so rewarding, be prepared for both because it can be an emotional roller coaster.
  3. If you have children, how do you prepare them to move to a new place? (from The Random Ramblings of A Household 6) We include our boys in as much of the planning as we can. We talk to them about the research we have done, we look up places around our new home. Basically we just talk, talk and talk. We validate their feelings about the changes that are about to happen.
  4. Name one hobby that gets you through alone time. (from My Sailor’s Mistress) I make a lot of graphics when my husband isn't home. It has kept my mind busy during many lonely and sleepless nights.
    Photobucket
  5. What’s the one food you don’t ever get tired of? (from That Army Wife Life) Mashed potatoes! They are my comfort food. During one of my husband's deployments, I had a friend who commented on how I had eaten mashed potatoes almost every day that week...lol

No comments: