If you don’t like how things are, change it! You’re not a tree.
I finally have time to do this again and am happy I actually remembered! Wife of a Sailor has started this on her blog and I thought it would be fun to join in.
- What is ONE thing you’d like civilians to understand about being a military family? We don't want your sympathy. When we are telling you that our spouses are deployed or away for something else, we are stating fact, it is not a ploy for attention. We endure different challenges and some of the things thrown our way are harsh, when we share those trials with you, again, we are stating facts about our life.
- What is your favorite mistake? Took me a while to think about this question. I guess it would be hooking up with someone higher ranking than me in the Army. Fraternization was a HUGE no=no when Kevin and I met. They were busting people left and right at that time. But we faced the challenges and got married and here we are 14 years later.
- What indulgence could you give up for a year? Shopping for fun....
- If you could be a winged animal, what would you be? An eagle because it represents so much about our nation.
- What is one question you’d like to see asked in a future MFF? Since I have missed quite a few weeks, I'm not sure what has been asked so my apologies if this has been asked. "What characteristic about yourself has either been strengthened or weakened due to your experience as a Military Spouse?"