Friday, August 27, 2010

MilSpouse Friday Fill, #10

It's that time again!


MilSpouse Friday Fill-In

Be sure to stop by Wife of a Sailor who has started this on her blog and join in the fun!

What secret indulgence do you act on while your spouse is away? (from
Devil Dog Darling) Sleeping in the middle of the bed (though he would argue that I try to do that while he's home too but that would not be true!)

If you were a spice, what would you be? (from New Girl On Post
) I asked my husband this and he responded with "Chili powder" because I'm a hot pepper, lol

Where do you go for support when your significant other is deployed? (from T
exas Meets Washington) To be honest, when my husband prepares to deploy, I start closing people off because I have been burned so often that I rarely ask for help or talk to many people. Everybody thinks that I'm so strong so when I have mentioned that I was struggling or having a bad day it was played off with a "you're the strongest person I know, you'll be fine". I do have some close friends but I rarely dump on them like I should, I always feel like I'm a burden if I do. I'm working on that. I always rely on the Lord and feel blessed at how much stronger my relationship becomes during our deployments.

What is the oldest thing you own? (from A
Troop’s Girl) I have my blanket from when I was about 3...it has so many holes in it and you can see through the parts that don't have holes so it's in a ziplock baggie packed away. (My 14 year old said, "the freckle by your eye"...I guess he thinks he's real funny)

How did you vision your future pre-military? (from
Daddy’s Duty) My future has always included the Military. From the time I was very young I knew I wanted to be a Soldier. As soon as I was old enough to join, I did. I joined the Idaho Army National Guard, eventually switching over to Active Duty Army and then finished out in the Army Reserves. I never imagined myself as an Army wife. I had planned to be a Soldier until I retired but the Lord had other plans which I am okay with.

No comments: