Thursday, February 25, 2010

Blue & Gold Banquet 2010

Last night we had our annual Blue and Gold Banquet for our Cub Scout pack. This is the first one in quite a few years that I haven't been a part of the planning of. Kind of made me sad. I think it was a fun night overall. I did miss the cheers and silliness I have come to know and love about the Cub Scout program, but I think that will come. Daniel was so excited for this pack meeting because he was being awarded his Wolf rank. He has worked so hard, even when he didn't have a very engaged leader. He also earned some arrow points and belt loops. He was chosen to lead everyone in the Cub Scout Promise and the Pledge of Allegiance, oh my, proud is an understatement of how I felt. His confidence just shined on through his little body.

We are a very proud Scouting family and we feel so blessed that our boys love Scouting. Daniel has a couple months until he officially crosses over to Bear but he is still working hard on belt loops and electives.

I also have to show off the awesome cake that a couple in our ward made...the pics don't do it justice. It not only looked awesome but it tasted awesome!

Happy Scouting!

4 comments:

HellcatBetty said...

SUCH a cute picture! You can see the pride in his smile :)

USMCWIFE said...

Wow..what a great job your son did! I can feel your pride jump off the screen. Tell your son congratulations on his newest accomplishment and all those in his future!

My Army Life said...

Aww! Such a cute pic and WOW, what a cake!! Our Blue & Gold is tomorrow night and Dad/boys are finishing up their cake (no fondant and not nearly as cool!!) in the morning. My oldest adores scouts, too, and I'm so proud! Yay for scouting fams!

The Partridge Family said...

Love the cake!! Thats so awesome. We had our Blue and Gold that night too but neither of us could go. Congratulations to Daniel!!