Friday, September 18, 2009

The Move Begins

I'm sitting here waiting for the knock on the door. I should probably be doing a little more organizing but oh well. Today is the start of the moving insanity. Strangers packing up our belongings. I'm still trying to figure out why they are starting on a Friday, leaving us to stare at boxes all weekend but I suppose after living the military life as long as we have, I should stop trying, lol.

Last night as I was going through our extra bedroom (aka the junk room), I started to feel a bit sentimental. I was looking around the room at the different piles and realized that this room could tell the story of our time here. I had binders with information about both FRG's that I served in. I still had my folder with my training for the first AFAP I did here. There are bags with different class props for the different modules for AFTB. I have PTA binders. Boxes of pics of the boys in different stages and ages of their life.

I have copies of memorial service bulletins and newspaper articles about our fallen friends. I came across a couple CD's I compiled that I dubbed an Army Wife Mix, that as I listened to, brought different memories, some causing tears and others laughter.

I look back at our time here, about the people who have come into our lives. It's bittersweet to leave here. But we are ready.

2 comments:

The "Dish" on the Dastrup's said...

We wish you the best in the next couple of weeks!

J.R. and Michelle said...

Good luck with today, and the rest of the move. I know by this time in the day they are finished doing whatever they will do for today so I am sure you are sitting amongst chaos and boxes, and hopefully going out to your favorite restaurant for dinner.