Sunday, August 02, 2009

Our Visit to ND Part 3

The theme for our visit was to reconnect with old friends. We had a chance to hang out with some of Kevin's friends and we had a great time. The day we hung out at the "K's" pool was one of lots of laughter and craziness. It really was a good time.

I was fortunate to be able to meet up with some of my old friends as well. On our way back from ND, we spent the night in Lincoln, NE and I had the chance to meet up with my best friend from my childhood. I know that Allison and I will be friends forever because of the things we have been through. Life can throw whatever but it can't change what we had. That was apparent to me when I saw her and we started to talk. We did so many things together (some naughty, a lot nice, lol).It was so good to see her with her family (her daughter is so much like her). I am so grateful to her husband and mine for letting us reconnect and just live in the moment. We met for dinner on our first night in Lincoln and then decided we needed more time together and planned to meet up at her house the next night. It was great, I got to see her parents again and meet her two younger sisters who I never really knew because we moved. We had so much fun, it really was great visiting with her. We won't wait so long to see her again, that's for sure.

I also had the chance to meet up with my friend Margaret for breakfast. We were best friends all through junior high. We have kept in touch throughout the years and it was great meeting up with her and her son. Oh the silly memories we had...she lived across from a fraternity house and boy we were silly 13 and 14 year olds, lol. It was great fun having a chance to catch up with her.

No comments: