Saturday, July 11, 2009

One Man's Junk is Another Man's Treasure

At least that is what one hopes when they go through the pains of setting up a yard sale. The boys and Kevin had a yard sale. No, I did not help them. I get anxiety dealing with people moving stuff and being in what I consider to be my personal space. I would rather dump it all at a Goodwill bin and call it a day. But the boys and Kevin like to have yard sales and earn a little bit of green.

They started early this morning, sold some of their stuff (Daniel sold his Power Rangers, he's outgrown them ya know!). They had fun. For every kid that came, they got a free sucker. Not sure who's sale strategy that was or if it even worked but the kids liked it! Michael texted his friends and some showed up! Neil just hung out eating the suckers, lol. Kevin said he would pay them to help out. They are now demanding $20 for their hard work!

Kevin laughed because a lot of people who came knew me but sadly I had no idea who he was talking about. Most live in our neighbor so I would think they knew me if their kids went to the same school as ours but I don't know all their names. If the kids came, I knew them. Is it bad that I've lived here for almost 5 years and don't know people in our community?

I'm glad it is now over, I'm just weird about people being at my house. Kevin and the boys plan on having one more yard sale before we move and then whatever is left goes to the Goodwill.

I love that Kevin and the boys enjoy doing things together and have fun doing it. They made a good little profit and are happy with the outcome of their little yard sale.

1 comment:

irbuanosraL said...

Oh my gosh that's just how I feel about yard sales. I've just never been able to define it!