Saturday, May 30, 2009

An Evening with Gary Sinise

What an evening! Last night we had our Army Family Team Building Instructor Challenge Dinner. Once a quarter we do an Instructor Challenge where our instructors have to complete a certain of amount of requirements and then they have to be one of the first 8 to sign up to attend these special dinners. We have been so blessed to have Connie McD, who hosts these dinners at her home. We have been all around the world through these dinners. Germany, Mexico, Spain, Italy and even Iraq. Last night had a French theme. One of the great parts of these dinners (besides the always fabulous food) is that we always have a mystery guest. We have met some of Fort Hood's top leadership. Last night we had the III Corps and Fort Hood Commanding General and his sweet wife. They brought along their own special guest. Mr. Gary Sinise. It was sooooooo awesome! He is here doing a free concert for the Soldiers and Families and Fort Hood and the Lynches were kind enough to share their evening with him with us.

He was so awesome! I had the opportunity to chat with him for a great while (sorry for monopolizing his time!!) Really, it was an awesome night. He said some great things to us, we shared with him things about our program and our lives. He was even nice enough to record a special message for Kevin, what a man! We had so much fun...so much fun. There aren't words to describe a great evening with some of my favorite people, my AFTB family and then having the top leadership AND Gary Sinise. A great night indeed!

This pic needs an explanation...Ms. "G" was so cute that she was taking pics of Gary's DNA. They were really playing off of the fact that he is on CSI: New York. This is the very plate and glass he used...no I'm really not that star struck but I thought it was cute, lol.

7 comments:

Tresa said...

WOW very cool! Looks like a lot of fun.

Holly Jo said...

Sounds like you had a very fantastic night. You look great btw!!!!

Becky said...

He rocks!!

Daughter of The King said...

Oh my goodness! I love him!

The "Dish" on the Dastrup's said...

So cool! Glad you were blessed to enjoy it. You deserve it!

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Oh my gosh that is so neat!!! How great of Gary Sinise to come spend his time with you! I love when stars do stuff like that! I have heard lots of great things about him! I LOVE the plate picture!!! That is totally something I would do! LOL

Michelle said...

Very cool! That's awesome that he recorded a message for Kevin. I bet he enjoyed a relaxing night to just visit and not be chased by cameras.... oh wait.... lol.. just teasin'. I would have taken pictures of his DNA too. (shhh don't tell)