Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Please Help Me

Apparently that was written on my forehead without my knowledge. This morning I went to the post office to mail out some boxes to Kevin and a friend of ours. We carry the boxes into the post office and as soon as I set them down on the counter where you wait, a lady says to me in a somewhat snotty tone.."you do KNOW you need to fill out a customs form." I look at her and think to myself, be nice. I smile at her and say, "yes I do know they are in my purse." Then she says oh ok, and goes on to tell me that it will all be over soon. Huh? Yeah, we still have 9 months to go lady, but again I just smile and then turn around. Then I lug my 48 lb box to the counter and the lady says to me, you know you could break these down into 5 flat rate boxes for the same price. Uhm, yeah, but then I'm still spending 50 bucks AND I have to lug in 5 boxes instead of one, oh and the stuff in this box doesn't ALL fit in flat rate boxes but thanks. I must have my amateur Army wife t-shirt on or something.

I get that people want to be helpful, really I do but instead of offering me advice on my boxes, how about you open the door or better yet, lug the 48 lb, 32 lb and 24 lb boxes from me and my kids!!!

2 comments:

Mrs. Cinnamon said...

At least she "thought" she was being helpful....unlike that lady at Cici's!!!
Hahaha!! Just wanted you to smile! Have a wonderful day! This just goes to show that not everyone was taught to MIND THEIR OWN BUSINESS!!

Jess the photographer behind the lens at JWilsonPix said...

Hugs and kudos to you for keeping your cool....