Monday, December 01, 2008

Kevin vs. Technology


So many of you may not know that my husband is not a huge fan of the Internet. He has never had the dangerous addiction to cyber space like I have. He has been one of those people who gets on the computer to do work and then gladly walks away. Well with deployments, the internet and all the wonderful inventions of instant messaging and all of that have forced him to try to catch up with the rest of us.

Last deployment I hooked him up on MySpace. We were lucky if he signed in once every three months. We taught him some internet lingo...LOL does not mean Lots of Love (though I gladly accept that interpretation when we are chatting privately.) I also had to explain to him that he couldn't come up with his own acronyms because it's helpful when chatting for the other person to know what you are talking about!

Well over the past couple months he has joined Facebook. When he first signed on he told me he was so overwhelmed with all this "internet stuff". He wanted to know how he was supposed to keep on top of it "ALL"! I had a good chuckle over that. Well now, he has been a little too happy on Facebook. I think he has become a fan of everything possible.

Oh you gotta love technology!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I had to laugh about him trying to make up his own acronyms. Hehehe!