Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Catching Up with Old Friends

Today I got to have lunch with a good friend of ours. He is in the Michigan National Guard and just returned from a rotation in Kuwait. They have to out process through Fort Hood so we had the chance to meet up for about an hour and chat. It was a good time. We love their family. It's been over 7 years since we have seen them. Oh, Mark...I really am sorry that you froze! The weather forecast told me it was going to be nice this week but the temperature dropped. He believed me when I said it was nice and so he shipped all his cold weather gear home. I'm sorry!! I told him I was just trying to help acclimatize him for when he goes back to cold Michigan!! Oh and it was nice until they all invaded Fort Hood, so I'm sure it's all his fault anyway!!!

Really it was great seeing him again. One day we'll meet up with both families and have a big reunion!

Welcome Home Mark!



Here is 1LT Mark Grant freezing his butt off in Texas!We tried to take the pic ourselves, but we were combating the wind...lol

I asked (ok kinda yelled over the wind and scared a little) a Soldier who was walking across the parking lot to please take a pic for us. He was kind enough (or scared into) taking it for us. Thanks PFC Nunn!

1 comment:

Amy,Chuck,SabrinaKitty said...

Hi Nadine thats great that you met up with a old friend.