Sunday, August 24, 2008

A Message from the Sandbox


*A note from Kevin for our blog*


Hello from lovely Iraq,

I have to tell everyone that I am not the best at this writing thing so bear with me.
Last week I nominated Nadine for Military Spouse of the Year, she told me it was cheesy. I have to tell you all that I often do not see the opportunity to write like that about her, mainly I am bragging to those I work with. I am biased. I don't always know how to say what I want, and when you only have 500 words to say it in, to me that is not nearly enough. The sacrifices that my family has made for me to be able to continue to serve, I can tell you that so often our country overlooks those who silently serve at home. Our hope is that our children will be able to make a difference in our world.

We are all doing well here, it has been extremly hot and A/C units in HMMWVs is not always what it is cracked up to be. When it goes out because it is so hot outside it gets at least 20 degrees hotter inside and that makes for a very long day;) My team has had the opportunity to drop off some goodies for some of the bedowin kids in the area, we are planning on doing more and stopping next time to hand stuff out in other areas. This makes our mission a little more personal to us.

I know not all share the same feelings that I do about the people here. It is still hard for me to not think about those who were killed by these same people. But the love that my Heavenly Father has shown for me, is the same love that He shows for them, and He asks me to do the same. It is a struggle at times, but knowing that I am part of a greater mission and not just the war on earth but a spiritual war. To be part of this in a land where Jesus Christ himself once walked and preached the gospel for His Father.

I am grateful to have a wife and children who support me in what I do (often I am not there to do the same for them) but also they help me spiritually in my jouney. Thank you Nadine, Michael, Neil, Daniel and my little Sapper. I love you all so very much. Thank you all for your support that you have shown. I love you all.


Kevin

No comments: