Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Salado Wading Hole

I'm sure there is a more official name to this place, but we call it the wading hole. We have a lot of fun there. I enjoy taking the kids there because it's fun and relaxing. It's such a peaceful little place and the kids can get wet and just play. They would stay there for hours if I let them. We invited our friends to go with us Friday. I think they had fun. It was fun watching the kids, it was so relaxing, you almost forget about everything else going on around you. I love watching my kids just enjoying nature and being free. I loved how Michael helped E and T through the water, it gave me such joy to see him helping them in such a simple manner. It was a reminder to me how we are supposed to help and serve others. On the other hand, he tried to help me drown I think, lol. Not really, but he wanted to see how deep a certain area was and if you all know that sometimes depth can not be easily identified with water, he thought maybe he wasn't tall enough. *For all you funny people, I am still taller than my 12 year old son (at least for now, lol). So I go in, not intending to take a swim and well, it was pretty deep, I don't know how deep because I never felt the bottom, I just proceeded to get completely wet and everyone else got a good chuckle. Overall it was a fabulous day of fun. We enjoyed an ice cream treat afterwords and I think everyone got some good sleep that night! The slideshow below is a sampling of the fun...I took so many pics I uploaded to my FOTKI site and if you want to see more, feel free to go there and check them out.

1 comment:

Dana said...

I love that place too.

As a side note, I checked out your photo site....I don't know SFC/MSG Robles but the photos were pretty inspirational.