Sunday, July 13, 2008

The 2008 Army Soldier Show

Every year, we have a tradition. We attend the Soldier Show. It's a night where many of our own Soldiers get to share their talent. They travel around the world and perform for their own communities. It's always amazing to see them perform. I'm always moved to tears when they do the patriotic songs. Tonight was no exception. I can't even put into words the pride I have in my heart everytime I attend this event. Kevin of course misses a lot of these because he's rarely home and that just intensifies the feelings. After the show, we get to go through the receiving line and shake hands with the Soldiers. It's always nice to see them lined up in uniform. They are all so humble. Tonight was no exception, they talked to the boys, high-fived them and signed their programs. Daniel was so cute as he went through the line and told each of them that they did such a good job.

I chuckled when I remembered that Daniel was merely 3 weeks ago when he attended his first Soldier Show and he has gone every year since, no matter where we have been stationed.


If you live in an area that they perform, be sure to go, you won't be disappointed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw man I love the Army Soldier Show! I have gone to one every year since I joined the Army. But have missed out on our tradition when we moved to HI, they don't come here. :(

Totally Army Mom said...

Sounds like a great show. I looked at the schedule and it seems the show doesn't come to Ft. Lewis. Figures! I swear, sometimes it seems like WA State isn't even part of the union. We get no respect from sportscasters, no matter how good our teams do. (at least, when our team is doing good.) And the Army Soldier Show can't seem to make it all the way up here...
Ugh!! (OK, I'm done complaining.)