Saturday, May 10, 2008

Scout Show 2008

Today we had the opportunity to participate in our district's Scout Show. We had a great time. Both our Boy Scout Troop and our Cub Scout Pack did Knots. They set up a booth that helped boys in both areas complete requirements according to their ranks. I was so proud of Neil. Watching him step up and help other kids. He just looked so comfortable, he just shined. There weren't as many Boy Scouts who came through so Michael took the opportunity to work on and complete his Fire Safety Merit Badge.
Our boys took 2nd in the booth judging. We are very proud of them and the hard work of the leaders and the Scouts.
One of my favorite parts was the Flag Retirement ceremony. I always enjoy watching it. We are an extremely patriotic family and so to be able to participate in such an honorable task..well it's humbling.

All three boys had a great time participating and I was so proud they were able to describe the ceremony and tell me the meaning behind it.

Sadly, my camera just did a weird thing and deleted all the pics from my memory card..grrrrr, I need to see if I can retrieve some of them pics. So I'll edit this post later..

My last note about today is a pic...there was a photographer there and we were told that we should have a family pic taken since we were all in Scout uniform so we did...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jason said it was a nice show. Hopefully my kids did ok. It's always hard to tell if he was buttering them up! lol Anyway, that pic is GREAT of your fam in uniform. :)

Tresa said...

You all look so great.