Thursday, May 08, 2008

The Ball


Well tonight was our Spring Formal. It's 10:24 p.m., so obviously we are not bringing down the house. People may still be partying, we don't really know, we left over an hour ago. I didn't really have a lot of expectations for this formal, so I can't say that I'm completely disappointed. It's not the best "ball" I've attended. I didn't like our seating at all. I think it's safe to say that everyone at our table felt that we were being admonished into the corner. Our table was in the furthest corner close to the doors to the kitchen. We couldn't see anything. Kind of sad when a lot of the focus of the evening has to do with slideshows and people talking, facing a totally different direction. I will say that we were invited to get up and move to a place where we could see the slideshow. I don't know about you but I didn't pay $50 to have to stand and see anything, I'd like to think that our money paid for a little bit of comfort.

I don't want to sound ungrateful to those who put in a lot of work into this event. LT C and her crew did a decent job. We were in a pretty small place for the amount of people that attended and perhaps that contributed to the seating arrangements and the bad viewing opportunities for a few of the tables. Overall we had an ok time. I admit that there isn't quite the history as our last ball so my heart may not have been completely in it. We sat with some great people, people I like a lot. We shared some good laughs and the ladies got a bit emotional as the Guest Speaker gave his talk. Our Battalion Commander gave a good talk. We would have stayed and danced for a bit but there were a few too many drunk people stumbling about, bumping into me and stepping on my dress. I get pretty cranky easily so I figured it would be a good time for us to go.



Overall the night wasn't spectactular but my husband and I got a chance to dress up and make it about us for a couple hours. Sister H did an amazing job on my hair and I was happy with my dress. Thanks to Bro & Sis C for watching the boys.

It was soooooooooo hot in that room!





My boys think I'm the most beautiful mommy in the world!

2 comments:

LaNita said...

Yeah! I know why you went home early! lol Kevin was right... you look great, especially the hair! Worth the extra time it took!

Michelle said...

You guys look really great! I love the pic of the boys kissin you. They know they have hot mom! LOL