Monday, April 28, 2008

2 years...

Two years ago, Heaven gained two new heroes. Bryant Herlem and Jose Gomez were called to walk with our Lord. I've had lots of thoughts going through my head today, wondering how or what I could write about them.

I'm going to keep it simple. Two wonderful men were lost in Iraq two years ago. Their loss has impacted many people. I know their families continue to grieve for them, I hope they are reassured that these special men are not forgotten.

I wanted to leave this blog entry with a positive, so I will leave a memory for each of them.

Bryant - I went to the unit one day and he tried to convince me to hold onto this contraption that looked like a game controller. If you held on to it, it would shock you. He tried to tell me he wouldn't have the power too high..somehow I didn't believe him, it might have been the gleam in his eye or the smirk on his face.


Jose - The day Kevin deployed, I was sitting at home, missing his presence. I wasn't expecting to hear from him for a few days. The phone rang and it was a number I didn't recognize. When I answered it was Kevin. He said that Jose had walked past him and handed him his cell phone and told him to call me. I was so touched by his generosity and thoughtfulness.

Bryant & Jose, we won't ever forget you. Your legacies live on through those people who's lives you touched. God be with you til we meet again.



No comments: