Sunday, December 16, 2007

Brotherly Love

Lately, the two younger boys don't seem to like each other much. They seem to be annoyed to even share the same oxygen. Neither one can do anything that pleases the other. It makes for a lot of noise, tears and yelling in our home. It has gotten worse over the past month. Nothing we say really helps, no punishment, nothing.


Today I tried the old, you will hold hands and look at your brother until you love him trick. I'm not sure it did anything but make them more annoyed with one another but they seriously looked so traumatized by it I had to take pics (I know, bad mom, lol)

Don't they look absolutely miserable?










They were much nicer to each other for the rest of the day!

On a funny note..we went to see my friend in the evening and on our way home, all three boys were looking at the nice toy catalog Walmart was kind enough to send out this year to make our shopping easier. The boys were telling us what they wanted for the 30th time. When it got to Daniel's turn, he says...tell dad what I want mom...so I say...the Power Ranger Mission Helmet...he says yes but don't forget what else I want (I thought to myself, what could that be?!?!) and he says...love and comfort for everyone in the world! Awwwww...it almost made up for how rotten he was being with his brother earlier...almost.

3 comments:

Bringhurst Family said...

I'll try to remember this trick.

Becca said...

Okay I am roaring laughing looking at the pictures of the boys holding hands because that is how mine look when I make them do that too. It is so refreshing to know that I am not the only mother raising mortal enemies (or so it seems at times). You are a great momma =)

Barton 6 said...

My children have learned the word "hate" and are using it entirely too much. I am trying to break them of this. I am teaching each child that when a sibling says those words to respond with a heart broken look and to quietly say "but I love you." BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA }:)