Saturday, August 25, 2007

A Father and his sons







Last weekend we went to a free screening of We Are Marshall that was held at the ampitheater here in Killeen at the Community Center. We got there nice and early for good seating, so we had a lot of time to kill before it got dark enough for them to play it on the big screen. During that time Kevin and the boys just played and played. It overwhelmed my heart to see Kevin wrestling in the grass with the boys. Kevin has been gone more then he's been home during their lives so I try hard not to take these moments for granted. It makes me sad to see other fathers acting bothered when their kids try to play with them. I'm not judging, just an observation, I certainly don't know what is going on in their lives. I'm simply grateful that no matter what my husband takes the time to not only tell my boys how much he cares for them but also shows them. Many people kept taking pics of my husband and the boys (ok that kinda bothered me, lol) but we also got a lot of compliments about what a beautiful family we have. I simply thanked them and said...yes I truly am blessed.

2 comments:

Becca said...

That is so sweet Nadine

The other me said...

I love watching my husband with our boys too, melts the heart doesn't it? SO glad you are getting to enjoy your man at home for a while! Helen.