Friday, February 08, 2013

Released Bitterness

"We are not perfect. The people around us are not perfect. People do things that annoy, disappoint, and anger. In this mortal life it will always be that way. Nevertheless, we must let go of our grievances. Part of the purpose of mortality is to learn how to let go of such things. That is the Lord’s way. Remember, heaven is filled with those who have this in common: They are forgiven. And they forgive."
—President Dieter F. Uchtdorf,
 
I have carried bitterness in my heart for the past couple weeks.  It has weighed down on me heavily.  I am disappointed in myself and disappointed in the example I have set for my boys. 

This morning I took the time to pray to my Heavenly Father and beg for forgiveness.  I am always humbled by the love my Heavenly Father shows me even when I have been prideful and sinful.  The weight has been lifted and while I know I am not perfect and have made mistakes, I know I am forgiven.

I am truly blessed.

No comments: