Sunday, October 28, 2012

Words to Fill My Soul!

I probably should have wiped down the table before taking the picture, but this is real life folks!
Today I received two cards that just filled my soul.  I am a big believer in the written word.  I think thank-you or thinking of you cards that are handwritten will NEVER go out of style...ever.  I know how much I love to read simple, heart-felt words and how they make me feel loved and appreciated.

Today I got a lovely thank-you card from a sweet friend (along with a plate of cookies...BONUS) and when I read her words, I cried.  I thought about sharing them here on my blog, but for now I just want to keep them to myself.  I am going to put the note in my purse and keep it there as a reminder for when I need a little pick me up.

I also realized that we had not checked mail in a couple days so I sent Daniel off to the mailbox.  When he returned there were cards for all us from Kevin.  I love getting mail from my love.  He sent me a cute little Halloween card with such loving words.  I will never tire of seeing his love for me displayed in his handwriting.

I love little tangible reminders of friendship and love.  I know people, including myself, love the convenience of social media, texting and email but there is still no replacement for a simple, handwritten note.

In the past two weeks I have received over five handwritten thank-you notes, not including the two I mentioned earlier and my soul has truly been filled.

When was the last time you wrote someone a thank you note or a thinking of you card?  Is there someone in your life who might benefit from some simple words of affirmation?

No comments: