Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Trash Day Tuesday #1

One of the ways I have always done my countdowns when my  husband is away is by counting trash days.  Most of the time it isn't as daunting a number as the estimated number of days he'll be gone.  And it helps me remember to put the trash out, or rather encourage my boys to put the trash out since it's their job.  So this will be my new weekly post, and I'll just really post whatever, no real set theme.  Please feel free to join me on this adventure of counting down the time until your loved one comes home!
For my inaugural Trash Day Tuesday post I'll just do an update on how my 6800 mile journey is going.  I'm pretty proud of myself, I've kept momentum and I can really feel the difference.  The first week I was so sore by the end of the week, but this week I feel so much better and stronger.  I can feel the difference in my metabolism and I love it!

I decided against weighing myself at the beginning of this journey because I don't want to be focused on a number.  I really want to focus on doing what I know is best for me.  Eventually I'll step on the scale but right now I just need to focus on the action and not on the dwelling over a number.  Besides, this isn't about losing weight, though I know and hope that I will, I just want to focus on me.

I have been loving how clear my mind has been as I have been walking.  I have really done a lot of deep thinking and have found answers to things that I have been pondering for a long time now.  That is so refreshing!

My other steps have come easily as I have been in full on canning mode and spend most of the day on my feet.  I've enjoyed being home with the boys and having them be my taste testers.  I just love my boys, they are such a blessing.

I miss Kevin and I can't wait for him to get settled at his final destination so we can figure out a schedule.  Right now the time difference is killing us!  He is doing well though and I can't wait for him to get internet so we can skype and I can see his handsome face!


No comments: