Tuesday, February 08, 2011

The New Year's Party That Never Was

Because this came through our installation on New Year's Eve....

we never got to really celebrate New Year's Eve. Our installation had a NYE's Party planned that night but when the tornado hit the focus shifted, as would be expected. We spent the next three weeks focusing on recovery efforts and continue to do so on a lesser scale. Well this past Saturday, our installation had the "New Year's Party That Never Was". Normally Kevin and I do not go to many events because we aren't big drinkers (okay we don't drink at all) and we don't really enjoy being around a bunch of drunks. We decided however that it would be a lot of fun to hang out with friends and so we went...and had a BLAST! We danced and sang and mingled. Okay, to be honest, I danced, sang and did the majority of the mingling but Kevin was there and he had fun too. He was going back and forth between the party and the club on the other side of the building who was showing the pay-per-view UFC fight. That was totally fine with me, we both had a lot of fun. One of my best friends was there and some of my new friends and it was cool just hanging out. Happy New Year!




The year didn't start off how we planned and the celebration that most had in mind might have been delayed, but I am thankful for a wonderful man in my life to make EVERYDAY as special as it can be. First kiss of the new year or first kiss a month later, it really doesn't matter because in the end, I'm a lucky girl every single day of the year.

No comments: