Sunday, February 13, 2011

Dialect Vlog

So I decided it would be fun to do this with my husband. What I did not anticipate was getting a case of the giggles while doing it! Because he was sitting so close to me, every time he answered it was loud and it made me laugh. We had a good time AND you get to see me act like a total dork!




If you want to do this yourself and share (oh please share!) here are the words and questions.

Aunt, Route, Wash, Oil, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, Toilet, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught

What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
What is the bug that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?
What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
What do you call gym shoes?
What do you say to address a group of people?
What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped body and extremely long legs?
What do you call your grandparents?
What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
What is the thing you change the TV channel with?

6 comments:

Jess the photographer behind the lens at JWilsonPix said...

How cute is that!! and too funny!!! It was nice to put your voice with your face..you guys are too cute... <3

and your right it is BAGEL... LOL..=) Tyfs!

Paula said...

Oh my gosh I just made my husband watch this with me and we laughed so hard. I asked him to do it with me and he said no, but we will do this. I think it's hysterical. We just did it outloud to ourselves and it's a dramatic difference. He's from Wisconsin and I'm from Tennessee/Texas. I tend to add syllables I'm afraid. I fear I will come out sounding like a hick.
Thanks for sharing! Too much fun!!

Anonymous said...

Haha "I didn't see the r!" That was so funny, great idea doing it with your husband! I think you guys need to do more Vlogs together!

USMCWIFE said...

Funny...you can tell the love between you by the way he makes you laugh..I can tell you Greg and I would be rolling and since I am from Philadelphia and we have our own vocab, it would be so funny..
group of people
"yous guys"
Shoes for gym
"sneaks"
Oh I could go on ////

Amy A said...

That was so funny!! It's weird to see you moving and hear your voice after years of just seeing pictures and typed words! Great VLOG!

Candace April said...

I did some dialect recordings when I took a linguistics class in grad school. Lots of fun--and once DH enlisted it made meeting people from all over the country even more interesting!

Thanks for stopping by the linky @ArmyWivesLives.com -- I shared your post on Twitter!