Monday, July 05, 2010

4th of July 2010

I don't have any exciting pictures to post or any really interesting tales to share. This year we didn't "celebrate" in the traditional sense of the word. The boys and I are traveling to visit my parents in Idaho and Kevin is home getting ready to go to some Army training. I debated about whether I wanted to stay home and enjoy the festivities or to get on the road and beat all the holiday traffic. I decided to do the latter. As I was talking to the boys last night, I mentioned that I felt bad that they didn't get to go to a big fireworks celebration like we always do. They told me that we didn't need to go to some field or park or even sit in our own driveway to see fireworks to know what 4th of July is about. They reminded me that we celebrate Freedom everyday when we pray for our Soldiers and we honor our flag and country. My kids humble me.

I hope everyone had a great day and I hope everyone remembered what today was all about. Freedom and the sacrifices that come to protect it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.