Saturday, June 19, 2010

30 Days of Us - Day 14


A non-fiction book...

I know I took a day off, but I already had two blogs posted for the day so I didn't want to add a third.

I recently read this book. I was going to say I enjoyed it but that terminology doesn't sound right given the content of the book. If you don't know who Shoshana Johnson is, she is a former P.O.W. and this is her story. You may be more familiar with another female P.O.W. who also has a book out but I'm not going to lie, I don't think about that girl often and it's not likely I'll ever read her book.

I have seen Ms. Johnson do numerous interviews and I have always been impressed with how she represents herself. Her book isn't the most well written book but I like that, it tells her story in her words.

I also have to add in this video clip of an interview she was on after the shootings at Fort Hood with a couple other people where she shot down a former JAG officer, it was definitely one of those " you go girl!" moments!

No comments: